Sunday, April 29, 2018

A New Adventure

Well, well, well... Here I am again after a long silence... Are any of you left listening? You loyal readers who followed my adventures as a housewife, mother, farmer in rural Cyprus?  If so, here's a whole new adventure for you to join me on... The Little White Donkey has packed up her faithful rucksack and day pack and is sitting in Paphos Airport waiting for a flight to the Greek city of Thessaloniki.  With a like-minded international crew, she will be tracing the refugee trail from Idomeni on the northern Greek border, to Skopje, the capital of the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia.

She doesn't have the necessary tech skills to include a selfie, so just imagine a crowded airport, the hot sun outside, and a RyanAir jet getting ready for take-off.

I nearly didn't make it. Two weeks ago, my back freaked out leaving me unable to drive -- or even sit comfortably for 10 days.  A magic treatment from Barbara Jones, Feldenkrais exercises, and a beautiful massage left me pain-free this morning, so it's all go now.

And a wonderfully generous anonymous sponsor gave me a last minute boost of £100...  It's not too late, friends... https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/rachael-pettus

They are about to call my flight, but watch this space for words and photographs from the refugee trail.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for doing this and wishes for strength and patience through the journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the best with the walk! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete