Thursday, December 1, 2011

The Gallery: My Kitchen


This week, the Gallery's prompt is 'My Kitchen'.  Please follow the link to see how other Gallery members interpreted the theme.



 

***

My friend Cleo came over one morning for some baking. She and her four children and me and my two younger ones made plain rolls, olive rolls, and some wonderful cheesy pull-aparts with a filling loosely based on the recipe from Greek-Canadian food blogger Peter Minakis – but incorporating some of my mother-in-law's jewel-like cherry tomatoes.

I love the hands-on aspect of breadmaking, the texture and feel of kneading, the smell of rising dough. For kneading technique, we freely adopted our own take from Martin Bertinet's Dough, which incorporates a lot of banging of dough onto the table.

It is one of my favourite kitchen memories, and I'm glad that I had my trusty little Lumix on hand to record it.  

Cleo and her family are leaving to return to the UK on Monday, and we will miss them.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for visiting Rachel. Those pull-aparts look wonderful and love that the children are also involved. You should also try them with halloumi. I posted them a long time ago and they are also in my cookbook page 115. http://kopiaste.org/2009/04/halloumi-graviera-pull-aparts/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey hey ( finn for farewell) to Cleo and Family from me.

    ReplyDelete